Summary of Responsibilities:
The IT Platform Engineer will provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure, and develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends. The IT Platform Engineer is responsible for leading one or more architecture development efforts. They will be responsible for assessing the requirements and presenting architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision and direction of the organization. The IT Platform Engineer will be asked to serve as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools and will act as coach to advise and assist varied business and technical staff with appropriate strategy and design disciplines.
The individual is expected to cover a significant subset of the following capabilities and skills:
• Experience in designing and implementing applications in a RedHat OpenShift environment
• Expertise and Experience with the following technologies:
Red Hat Open Shift
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration and management platform e.g., OpenShift or equivalent implementation
• Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for large number systems in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks.
• Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and cloud native scripting such as CloudFormation and ARM templates
• Experience in architecture development utilizing containers among applications and components and application interfaces/interoperability.
• Assisting application teams with on-boarding to the OpenShift Container Platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
• Awareness of IT Security directives and guidance.
• Broad knowledge of major cloud technologies including virtualization, containers, networking etc. on different cloud platforms and additional knowledge or experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, service management and/or resiliency
• RedHat certification in either OpenShift Administration or OpenShift Application Development
• Must be a strong team player with solid interpersonal skills
• Experience developing design documents, user’s guides and training
• Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management
• CCNP, CCDP
• ITIL v3 certification and experience
• Experience and familiarity with the following technologies:
SOA and Data Architecture
Up to 10% travel may be required per year.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).
Minimum: Active Secret Clearance and above
Weekdays, 7am-4pm; Some On-call support required