TapHere Technology is seeking a Regional Subject Matter Expert - China to support our customer. The candidate will assist J51 CP to organize, focus and synchronize the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Enterprise’s requirements associated with the “Five Challenges” strategic planning efforts, integrating and assisting the command’s Trans-Regional Support Teams (TRST).
• Shall provide regional Subject Matter Experts to provide geo-political advice and draft strategic/regional studies and assessments to cover the Chairman’s “Five Challenges” of DPRK and Countering Violent Extremism Organizations.
• Shall assist J51 CP to organize, focus and synchronize the USSOCOM Enterprise’s requirements associated with the “Five Challenges” strategic planning efforts, integrating and assisting the command’s Trans-Regional Support Teams (TRST).
• Support strategic/studies and assessments for the analysis, assessment, and synchronization of the command strategic documents and to increase situational awareness.
• Assist Government personnel in leading joint planning groups and cross functional teams from across the command, coordinating with Geographic Combatant Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands, other military organizations, and the interagency.
• Draft, coordinate, and assist in implementation of operational plans and policies for the Command.
• Draft and coordinate future plans and strategy, and effectively advise USSOCOM leadership on how to leverage U.S. Government, Interagency, and private-sector capacity in support of the command mission.
• Provide written and oral feedback on existing OPLANS, CONPLANS, Campaign Plans and other planning products, and assist with plan staffing, updating, refinement, and coordination.
• Brief senior leaders on the status of TRST efforts.
• Draft, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of strategy, policy, future plans, and operations
• Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Must have Master’s Degree in a field directly related to one of the five areas or 3 years of experience working in one of the countries of interest or within a CVEO focused organization or 3 years residing in Russia, China, Iran, or DPRK immersed in the cultures of that country.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
• 5 years’ experience as either:
o A military, government, or International Organization official, working with Russia, China, Iran, DPRK, or in a Counter-Violent Extremist (CVEO) focused
o Cultural/geo-political expert working in the US government or a think tank relevant to one of the five areas (Russia, China, Iran, DPRK, Counter-Violent
Extremist Organization), or
o Foreign Area Officer or Special Operations experience dealing with Russia, China, Iran, DPRK, or CVEO issues.
• 2 years’ experience drafting publication quality documents on topics associated with one of the countries of interest or a CVEO.
• 2 years’ experience providing Geo-Political expertise and conducting strategic/regional studies and assessments within one of the five named areas of
• 2 years’ experience drafting written and oral presentations to be presented at the Senior Military Staff Level (GO/FO/SES) or other equivalent Senior Level
• 1 years’ experience supporting a Joint, Inter-agency, or Multi-National organization.
• 1 years’ experience: Reviewing and editing national level strategic documents, or Working in support of mission, organization and interrelationships of DOD, Joint Staff, inter-agency working groups or other Government agencies/activities, or Working with national policies and Government agencies/activities supporting development, coordination, and implementation of operational plans and policies for a Combatant Command