The candidate will provide regional geo-political and cultural subject matter expertise to conduct strategic studies and assessments for the analysis, assessment, and synchronization of the command strategic documents and to increase situational awareness. This task order requires subject matter expertise and strategic analyses to align USSOCOM strategic and long-range planning efforts with the Chairman of the Joint Chief’s “Five Challenges” of Countering Violent Extremism Organization, China, Countering Violent Extremism Organization, North Korea and Countering Violent Extremism Organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Shall provide regional Subject Matter Experts to provide geo-political advice and draft strategic/regional studies and assessments to cover the Chairman’s “Five Challenges” of Countering Violent Extremism Organization, China, Countering Violent Extremism Organization, North Korea and Countering Violent Extremism Organizations.
2. Shall assist J51 CP to organize, focus and synchronize the USSOCOM Enterprise’s requirements associated with the “Five Challenges” strategic planning efforts, integrating and assisting the command’s Trans-Regional Support Teams (TRST).
3. Support strategic/studies and assessments for the analysis, assessment, and synchronization of the command strategic documents and to increase situational awareness.
4. Assist Government personnel in leading joint planning groups and cross functional teams from across the command, coordinating with Geographic Combatant Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands, other military organizations, and the interagency.
5. Draft, coordinate, and assist in implementation of operational plans and policies for the Command.
6. Draft and coordinate future plans and strategy, and effectively advise USSOCOM leadership on how to leverage U.S. Government, Interagency, and private-sector capacity in support of the command mission.
7. Provide written and oral feedback on existing OPLANS, CONPLANS, Campaign Plans and other planning products, and assist with plan staffing, updating, refinement, and coordination.
8. Brief senior leaders on the status of TRST efforts.
9. Draft, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of strategy, policy, future plans, and operations
10. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
Master’s Degree in a related field or within a CVEO focused organization.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as either:
o A military, government, or International Organization official, working in an organization focused Counter-Violent Extremist Organization (CVEO), or
DOD, CIA, NSA, DIA, DTRA, FBI or Homeland Security in area focused on CVEOs
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience drafting publication quality documents on topics associated with Counter-Violent Extremist Organization (CVEO).
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing geo-political expertise and conducting strategic/regional studies and assessments within Counter-Violent
Extremist Organization (CVEO).
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience:
Reviewing and editing national level strategic documents, or Working in support of mission, organization and interrelationships of DOD, Joint Staff,
interagency working groups or other Government agencies/activities, or Working with national policies and Government agencies/activities
supporting development, coordination, and implementation of operational plans and policies for a Combatant Command.