We’re looking for a junior to mid-level engineer with experience in systems administration or operations to join our team to help innovate how our customer delivers value to their mission through automation. This effort is leading the charge for how DevOps can improve business outcomes not just in this department, but in the whole customer organization. If you have a strong desire to design, build, and automate infrastructure and system configuration, and improve how people think and work with technology, apply now!
In this position you will be part of the core team responsible for creating the DevOps foundation to automate and configure full development, test, and production environments. We’re leveraging tools like Packer, Terraform, Vault and Chef to provision and configure entire environments in customer’s on-premise data center.
Working on this project requires being on site at the customer facility, fully integrated with the rest of the core operations team.
• 2+ years experience administering Unix/Linux servers
• 2+ years experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt
• 1+ years experience using and configuring continuous integration & deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using tools such as GitLab CI/CD or Jenkins
• 1+ years experience provisioning infrastructure with Terraform, Cloud Formation, or Ansible
• 1+ years experience programming with Ruby or Python
• 1+ years experience using version control tools with an emphasis on Git and services like GitLab, GitHub or BitBucket
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working collaboratively with a team comprised of Operations, Development, and Maintenance Engineers
• Providing training to teams on automation, development, and DevOps practices
• Participating in code-reviews across teams
• Participating in architectural design reviews
• Building development, test, and production infrastructure
• Documenting operational processes
Additionally, experience with any of the follow technologies is preferable, but not required:
• Familiarity with infrastructure management platforms such as vSphere
• Experience with secret management solutions such as Hashicorp Vault
• Experience building and maintaining template images using tools such as Packer