TapHere is looking for an experienced Data Engineer that will support the USSOCOM J2 Intelligence Data Science Team (IDST)’s ongoing data analytic programs. The Data Engineer will build and maintain data systems and construct datasets that are easy to analyze and support customer requirements. Implement methods to improve data reliability and quality. Combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable formats. Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive or prescriptive modeling. Develop and deploy Application Programming Interfaces (API) to expose IDST maintained data to the enterprise.
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on
• Acquire and assemble large, complex datasets that align with USSOCOM enterprise requirements.
• Building, testing, and maintaining data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using modern data technologies.
• Develop analytics tools and transformative algorithms for data to provide actionable insights into customer processes, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Create new data validation methods for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing products to fulfill customer objectives.
• Work with IDST stakeholders including USSOCOM leadership, customers, and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Analyze procedures for USSOCOM data separation, access, and security across users and the enterprise data architecture.
• Work with IDST data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems and capability integration.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and support associated process improvements for automating manual processes, data delivery, and infrastructure re-design for scalability.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, or similar field.
• 8 years’ experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
• Demonstrated experience employing data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
• Demonstrated experience developing, deploying and/or maintaining enterprise level data solutions.
• Experience with SQL database design.
• Data engineering certification is a plus.
• Knowledge in the following areas: