TapHere! Technology is currently seeking a Data Engineer in Fairfax, VA. We are looking for a candidate with equal commitment to technical excellence and growing customer relationships, someone who is seeking to grow with the evolving technology of data management to support our analytical capabilities.
The Data Engineer will determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions. May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
Clearance – Top Secret / SCI
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Establish Metadata Standards.
• Establish data governance roles and accountability.
• Introduce and guide non-relational database solutions (NoSQL, Time-Series) into the on-premises architecture for various data types (documents, time critical, IoT, non-structured).
• Advise, guide, and execute connections and integration to Cloud-provider based products supporting these different data storage types.
• Advise on a Robust Data Management Program and culture of data quality.
• Work with the data science team to ensure data management and analytics efforts meet intended end states and user satisfaction.
• Design and advise in the deployment of a data strategy to complex industrial problems and transformational business initiatives.
• Assist in the development of long term implementation strategies for data management capabilities across our organization.
• Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication and presenting to large audiences and senior leadership.
• Detail and results oriented, capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously. Familiarity with Agile methodology (KanBan).
Work will include collaboration on the following data management functions:
• Structured Query Language (SQL), Non-Relational Database solution Design (NoSQL) Experience, Time-Series Database Design and Implementation Experience
• Cloud-provider Database Solutions/Tools Experience, Structured Database/Relational Database Design, Unstructured Data Best Practices
• Data Quality & Profiling, Data integrity, Data Analysis, Data Security, Data Transference, Data Governance, Data Mining, Data modelling
• Account and File Management. Business Intelligence Tools, Data Validation, Workflow Optimization / Business Processes, Understanding of data categorization and meta data deployment best practices
• Bachelor’s Degree and 14 years of relevant exempt experience
• Master’s Degree and 12 years of relevant professional experience;
• Ph.D. and 9 years of experience
• Advanced working knowledge of relational/SQL databases and experience working with non-relational and/or time-series databases, Big data etc.
• Experience in one or more areas across Data analytics domain including data storage (Data Lake & Data Warehouse), data integration, business intelligence
• Experience in data mapping, categorization, mining and master data architecture with emphasis on data security