TapHere! Technology is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe – Air Forces Africa (HQ USAFE-AFAFRICA) in Ramstein Air Base, Germany. The Senior Network Engineer will support the Intelligence Systems Directorate’s Engineering Cell providing subject matter expertise, leading project coordination with higher intelligence and communications agencies and project recommendations regarding hardware, software, routing protocols, infrastructure and hardware.
As part of an engineering team this individual will work closely with the customer to provide experience-based technical expertise and recommendations. This role requires significant insight into U.S. military operations, classified/unclassified networks and fundamentals of secure data communications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical recommendations on current and planned projects (involving technologies, methodologies, tools, etc.) to improve system performance.
- Support the implementation of communication services to either Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router (NIPR), Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), Air Force Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (AFJWICS), commercial and allied partner-accessible networks.
- Lead configuration and design improvements regarding Cisco routing protocols and technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and emerging technologies.
- Review design requirements, priorities, and goals; analyze impacts of new requirements on the existing systems; review proposed architecture, security considerations, software selection and configuration.
- Provide network rack drawings and network diagrams reflecting infrastructure upgrades, modifications and replacements.
- Support rapid technical capability enhancements of systems and networks to counteract cyber threats and improve force protection posture.
- Conduct research and provide technical recommendations and guidance on technology topics as requested by the customer. As needed produce white papers, design guides, case studies, configuration guides, troubleshooting guides, deployment guides and training documents on various system and network infrastructures.
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- Must be at least IAT Level II certified and current (Security +, CCNA-Security)
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Demonstrated experience implementing, administering, engineering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers.
- A proven ability to handle multiple projects at once with demonstrated experience delivering professional products, reports with strong written and verbal communication.
- Clearance- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field of study with a Network Engineering focus and 5 years related experience in US government, US military, or other joint/inter-agency data and communications networks (classified or secure networks).
- IAT Level III (CCNP Security, CASP) and/or CCNP Enterprise (ENCOR & ENARSI preferred) or higher
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
This opportunity resides with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR).