The Network and Operating Systems SME provides PM DCO with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for Open Source Automation Tools and Operating System Technical requirements including analyzing and recommending improvements to PM DCO current business objectives and key aspects of the operational environment to include: network layout, operating systems, virtual and physical infrastructure, build systems, version control systems and configuration management databases, and integration of existing tools/systems with automation software.
The SME coordinates the installation, configuration, and validation of a reference instance of automation capabilities. Integrate with Active Directory or other single sign-on tools and create content for the automation use cases. Common tasks include:
- Installing and configuring a software package or application
- Creating virtual infrastructure in a public/private cloud
- Configuring the organizational “standard build”
This position requires an active TOP SECRET clearance.
• BS in computer science, engineering, information science or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant experience with network engineering and system administration
• IAT Level II Certification, such as Security+
• Extra-mile Team Player!
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of open-source frameworks, with experience deploying various open-source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape
• Understanding of clustered or pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms such as VMware vSphere
• Demonstrated experience with DoD systems, networks, and security accreditation
• Linux, Ansible, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience
Desired Additional Experience (Optional)
• Red Hat Certifications: Architect (RHCA), Systems Administrator (RHCSA), and / or Specialist in Virtualization, Security: Network Services, OpenShift Administration
• Cisco, Juniper, and Dell network products