TapHere! Technology is looking for a motivated, career and customer-oriented IT Platform Engineer/PaaS Engineer, L4-Sr. to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure
• Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts, and trends.
• The IT Platform Engineer is responsible for leading one or more architecture development efforts.
• They will be responsible for assessing the requirements and presenting architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision and direction of the organization.
• The IT Platform Engineer will be asked to serve as a subject matter expert for architectural frameworks, methods and tools and will act as coach to advise and assist varied business and technical staff with appropriate strategy and design disciplines.
• This position supports an IT operations environment. All employees should expect to support work on nights and weekends and may be included in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).
• Experience in designing and implementing applications in a RedHat OpenShift environment
• Experience with HashiCorp Vault
• Expertise and Experience with the following technologies:
o Red Hat Open Shift
o Splunk, SolarWinds
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration and management platform e.g., OpenShift or equivalent implementation
• Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views for large number systems in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks.
• Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and cloud native scripting such as CloudFormation and ARM templates
• Experience in architecture development utilizing containers among applications and components and application interfaces/interoperability.
• Assisting application teams with on-boarding to the OpenShift Container Platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, troubleshooting support
• Awareness of IT Security directives and guidance.
• Up to 10% travel may be required per year.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SECRET
• Broad knowledge of major cloud technologies including virtualization, containers, networking etc. on different cloud platforms and additional knowledge or experience in the areas of IT and/or cloud technology architecture, service management and/or resiliency
• RedHat certification in either OpenShift Administration or OpenShift Application Development
• Must be a strong team player with solid interpersonal skills
• Experience developing design documents, user’s guides, and training
• Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management
• CCNP, CCDP
• ITIL v3 certification and experience
• Experience and familiarity with the following technologies:
o Network protocols
o Sonatype Nexus
o Redhat coreOS
o Redhat Quay
o Java/J2EE Development
o Web Services
o SOA and Data Architecture
Compensation package includes base salary and benefits. Base salary depends on requirements for education/degree, skills, and professional experience. Annualized base salary range for this position is: $133k and up.