TapHere! Technology is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Administrator who has a current TS/SCI to come join our team in Ft. Meade, Maryland to work with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). As the Senior Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for the technical planning, integration, verification and validation, for all aspect of a datacenter (SAN, LAN, WAN, Virtualization, Windows Servers and workstations). You will create maintain and organize Active Directory and Group Policy objects along with maintaining security compliance. You will identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems, and maintain the Windows Domain to include Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Microsoft Exchange Services, DNS Server, DHCP, etc. Provide assistance administering network based storage arrays and related computing environments using CISCO UCS as well as various NetApp data services to ensure data is available to applications and user. You will use your skills to provide assistance with managing multiple file storage clusters, enforcing quotas on storage limits where required. Poses excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Administer and maintain the Windows Domain in a virtual environment (Active Directory, Domain Controllers, MS Exchange, DNS services and DHCP).
• Create, manage, and organize Active Directory and Group Policy objects to enhance user experience and maintain security compliance.
• Design and configure Microsoft Exchange
• Have the ability to Install, configure and maintain physical and virtual servers
• Have the ability to install, configure and maintain VMware environment
• Plan and direct implementation of security measures to protect the system from cyber-attacks, hacking, intrusion, infiltration, and natural disasters using ACAS, WSUS, SolarWinds and other network software tools
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps
• Assist ISSO/ISSM in remediating any vulnerabilities from network scans.
• Serve as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting,
• Provide guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
• Perform daily system monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Use command-line tools within Microsoft Active Directory such as PowerShell automation, scripts and batch files.
• Perform and schedule daily backups as well as restores. Familiar with back-end support to help maintain up-to-date user data, troubleshoot problems with missing data, files, and Backup Enterprise programs like, Veritas, and Symantec.
This position is a unique experience, which incorporates many job skills and spans all levels of maintaining a functioning Windows domain. You will be working with a small but cohesive team that is multi-functional across the board and each possessing a different key skill set. The ideal candidate brings solid skills in Windows and VMware technologies but has also demonstrates the ability to perform many other tasks to help maintain the overall network. Limited travel is required to various DoD/IC installations across the globe.
CLEARANCE: Active TS/SCI
• Active TS/SCI.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or 10+ years of experience in related field.
• Advanced Experience in the following technologies: Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10, VMWare, ESXi, Active Directory, Group Policy
• Experience with existing enterprise IT architecture and administering Windows server operating systems running on physical and virtual hardware.
• Experience with SQL2008/2012/2016 database management
• CompTIA Security+ or higher.
• Oral and written communication skills