TapHere! Technology is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems/Infrastructure Engineer who has a current TS/SCI to come join our team in Ft. Meade, Maryland to manage and maintain a classified network to support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) mission. As the Senior Systems/Infrastructure Engineer, you will use the latest DoD enterprise technologies and solutions to implement a state of the art infrastructure to support the classified domain. You will utilize industry tools such as VMWare, NetApp, EMC, SolarWinds and Windows server products to manage and maintain a network used to support the forward deployed mission. As the Systems/Infrastructure you will be responsible for the technical planning, integration, migration, verification and validation, for all aspect of a datacenter (SAN, LAN, WAN, Virtualization, Linux, Windows Servers and VDI workstations).
• Implement and manage VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V Infrastructure.
• Implement and manage NAS/SAN technologies with a strong background in NetApp. (Dell, EMC, NetApp)
• Maintain and administer network based storage arrays and related computing environments using Cisco unified computing systems (UCS) as well as various NetApp data services to ensure data is available to applications and users.
• Strong background using enterprise backup solutions NetBackup, BackupExec, Veeam
• Assist with overseeing the overall administration of all aspects of a datacenter (include SAN, LAN, WAN, Virtualization, and VDI environment).
• Plan and direct implementation of security measures to protect the system from cyber-attacks, hacking attacks, intrusion, infiltration, and natural disasters using ACAS, WSUS, SolarWinds and other various network software.
• Implement, manage and migrate servers and applications from Hyper-V Server 2008R2 to VMware Server 2012R2 or 2016, 2019 OS.
• Implement and manage Hyper-V Converged Infrastructure
• Serve as a Microsoft Server and Linux SME.
• Provide guidance with managing and maintaining YLAN servers across CONUS, OCONUS and COOP sites.
• Experience with Disaster recovery
• Administer and maintain the Windows Domain in a virtual environment (Active Directory, Domain Controllers, MS Exchange, DNS services and DHCP).
• Identify incidents, diagnose and resolve problems
• Create, manage, and organize Active Directory and Group Policy objects to enhance user experience and maintain security compliance.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps
• Provide guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI
This position is a unique experience, which incorporates many job skills and spans all levels of maintaining a functioning enterprise domain environment. You will be working with a small but cohesive team that is multi-functional across the board and each possessing a different key skill set. The ideal candidate brings solid skills in VMware, NetApp and Windows technologies but has also demonstrates the ability to perform many other tasks to help maintain the overall network. Limited travel is required to various DoD/IC installations across the globe.
• CLEARANCE: Active TS/SCI.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or 10+ years of experience in related field.
• Advance NetApp experience
• Experience with CISCO UCS technologies
• Advanced experience in the following technologies: VMWare, ESXi, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/10
• Experience with existing enterprise IT architecture and administering Windows server operating systems running on physical and virtual hardware.
• Experience with SQL2008/2012/2016 database management
• CompTIA Security+ or higher.
• Oral and written communication skills