Taphere is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to augment our team of enterprise architects and analysts working for our customer, located in Northern Virginia. Our customer supports the modernization, alignment, and integration of Combatant Command intelligence capabilities, and other Defense Intelligence Enterprise specified areas, for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security – OUSD(I&S).
Essential Job Responsibilities
• This Data Scientist creatively approaches a variety of requirements to meet intelligence needs, can balance work on multiple tasks, and work collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, and analysts in a collaborative, dynamic, cross-functional environment. The Data Scientist is responsible for producing applied research in the intelligence field. They will apply critical thinking skills to ‘real world’ issues and be able to effectively appraise collected data/information using a variety of analytic techniques and methodologies.
• Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Extract data from a variety of sources (databases, web, text files) and in a variety of formats (structured, unstructured, JSON, etc.) and prepare the data for analysis
• Describe data using qualitative and quantitative aggregation/summarization and build tools (static reports, interactive dashboards, web applications) that allow clients to easily view and understand important patterns and trends in the data
• Provide quantitative comparisons of data points using advanced statistical analysis including data reduction techniques, resampling, as well as traditional statistical hypothesis testing
• Construct and validate predictive models using a variety of techniques
• Prepare analytic products in written, oral, visual, and/or multimedia formats.
• Devise open-source research and collection management practices.
• Facilitate and manage intelligence processes and practices.
• 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in realted field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
• Experience employing analytical methods or platforms to communicate predictions, findings, or risks through effective data visualizations and reports
• Security Clearance: Must possess and maintain an active TS/SCI
• Intelligence Community experience and understanding of the intelligence cycle
• Demonstrated Experience in some or all:
o Text Analytics - IN-SPIRE, Jigsaw, R
o Data Analytics – Excel, PowerBI, Tableau
o Document Development - Word, MS Publisher, Adobe suite
o Visual Analytics – Kibana, Virtualitics, Graphika
o Visualization - Gephi, Word cloud, R or Java
o Graphics Production - PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, HTML5
o Programming – Python, SQL, API Development
o Database – Database Modeling, Database Management, Database Types
o Data Ingestion – ETL/ELT, NIFI, KAFKA, ESB