TapHere Technology! Is currently seeking a Big Data Engineer to support our customer in Springfield, VA. The Big Data Engineer (BDE) is responsible for building the next generation of web applications and systems focusing on capability delivery to end users. The BDE is a member of a “big data” team of specialist within the multi-disciplinary agile development team. The BDE will manage requirements collection, software design, development and delivery – full lifecycle – in support of analysts. The BDE helps manage effective processes associated with the architecture. The BDE collaborates closely with the Agile Software Developer (ASDs), Technical Targeting Developer (TTDs), and the end user analysts to write and implement cutting edge big data algorithms and analytics. The BDE engages in software solution planning and creation to ensure capabilities are delivered using the latest available technologies and methods. The BBDE will operate in a “RAD/JAD” environment in which tasks are rapidly defined and then execute to insure maximum user input, feedback, and adoption. The BDE ensures the interoperability of the in-house capability with outside partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software systems.
• Participates in software and systems testing, validation, and maintenance processes through test witnessing, certification of software, and other activities as directed.
• Provides support to senior staff on projects/programs. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a variety of fields related to the project. This position takes direction from senior technical leadership.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instruction; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
• Ensures software standards are met.
• COMPTIA Security+ certification or CISSP certification
• Proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, Ruby, or similar
• Familiarity with current Agile methods
Proficiency with the following:
o Multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco IOS, etc.
o Machine learning, data mining, and knowledge discover
o Analytic algorithm design and implementation
o ETL processes; including document parsing techniques
o Networking, computer, and storage technologies
o Using or designing RESTful APIs, SOAP, XML
o Developing large cloud software projects, preferably in Java, Python or C++ language
o Java/J2EE, multithreaded and concurrency systems
o Multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks including Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, Elasticsearch, etc. for the purposes of conducting analytic algorithm design and implementatiom
o NoSQL database such as Neo4J, Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and hBase
o AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.)
o Processing and managing large data sets (multi PB scale)
o Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, and JSON
o Proficiency in trouble-shooting in very complex distributed environments including following stack traces back to code and identifying a root cause
• 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors; 7 years relevant experience with Masters. An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree requirement for the job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job’s education requirements.
• CLEARANCE: Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI
• Education – Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering) – but a technical BS degree will suffice
• Distribute computing-based certifications
Proficiency with the following:
o Management/tracking utilities such as Jira, Redmine, or similar
o Running Internet facing or Service Level Agreement (SLA’d) auto-deployed environments
o Real-time media protocols (Real-time Transport Protocol (RPT) , Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP))
o Data transfer systems such NiFi
o Text processing: NPL, NER, entity retrieval (e.g. Solr/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
o Certification from an Agile certified institute, International Consortium for Agile, Scaled Agile Academy, Scrum Alliance, Scrum.Org, International Scrum Institute, ScrumStudy, Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner, or similar XP/Scrum certification or training is desired
o Support to SOF; Previous experience with technology, intelligence and cyber under the umbrella of USSOCOM
Adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements Software Engineer family.