|| RF Hardware Engineer
Description: Work in a small team and small company environment to design and develop the RF hardware components for the next generation of TapHere! Radio Solutions. The ideal candidate is a hardware engineer (BSEE or MSEE) with a strong RF concentration, VHDL/Verilog FPGA gateware design experience, RF circuit board layout/design capability, and C/C++ experience.
- RF Circuit board layout, floor planning, RF-friendly signal routing, impedance matching, loss calculation.
- Circuit board production: Stack-up, via management, substrate selection;
- RF circuit design: Link budgeting, filtering, signal up/down conversion.
- FPGA platforms (Xilinx or Altera) on the gateware design level (Vivado, ISE, etc.).
- Exposure to both analog and digital circuits.
- RF analog front ends; filtering and signal routing.
- Digital acquisition and data back ends (USB preferred).
- C/C++ programming experience.
- Proficiency in CAD packages like Eagle, Diptrace, and/or Altium Circuit Studio.
- Proficiency with Matlab, Simulink and/or Octave.
- Firmware development in Embedded C/C++ or similar.
- Verilog and/or VHDL programming (FPGA design experience).
- RF-level test and troubleshooting; impedance matching, loss calculations.